Big Cedar Presents Home for the Holidays
Feel the enchantment of the holiday season at America's Premier Wilderness Resort, Big Cedar Lodge. With trees filled with ornaments and over 2 million holiday lights illuminating every corner, we invite you to join us in celebrating our 'Home for the Holidays' season from November 6 to December 31. Experience cherished Christmas traditions the whole family adores, including ice skating, visits from Santa, holiday tram tours, and much more. Prepare to feel the nostalgia and magic of the season at the coziest resort nestled in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. There's truly no place like Home for the Holidays at Big Cedar Lodge!
Home for The Holidays activities:
- Christmas Nature at Night on the Lost Canyon Cave & Nature Trail: Opening November 3rd, get ready to experience the Ozarks after dark at Top of the Rock and join us for a 2.5-mile journey through Nature at Night! Enjoy this unique light tour experience with awe-inspiring displays resembling historic Native American scenes along with traditional holiday vignettes. Sip on hot beverages and be surrounded by twinkling lights and a festive spirit while connecting to the great outdoors. (Adult price range: $39-$44, Child prices start at: $19).
- Home For The Holidays Self-Guided Light Tour: Guests will take a journey in their vehicles through the story of Christmas and down to the Big Cedar property. Featuring a record number of twinkling Christmas lights, these festive displays are sure to add cheer to the season. Hot chocolate, walking s’mores pop, and twinkling souvenirs are available for purchase. Reservations are highly recommended as drive-up availability is not guaranteed. Check-in for the activity is at the Big Cedar entrance off of the roundabout.
$40/Cars & SUVs
$60 for Mini Bus
- Holiday Tram Ride: Snuggle up with a warm cup of hot cocoa and sit back and relax on Big Cedar’s twinkling tram tour through our newly expanded holiday light display! Take in the festive sights around Big Cedar Lodge on our unique tram rides while enjoying a complimentary hot chocolate or cider and a traveling s’more on a stick! Guests will be surrounded by the magic of Christmas while creating lasting memories with friends and family. Tram pick-up and drop-offs will be at Swimmin’ Hole Lawn from 6pm-9:40pm. ($25/Overnight Guests | $30/Public Day Guests).
- Home for The Holidays Ice Rink: Join us on the Swimmin’ Hole Lawn to experience the “all-weather synthetic” Ice Rink at Big Cedar Lodge! Enjoy the lights show every quarter hour after dark — this dazzling performance features the Center tree and surrounding area coming to life with spectacularly choreographed music and lights display. This magical moment creates a Winter Wonderland you don’t want to miss! ($15 for Overnight guests, $20 Public Day Guests).
November 21st-January 5th: Daily | 12pm-9pm
January 5th-February 5th: Daily | 4pm-9pm
- Tree Lighting Ceremony: Gather with your family and friends for this classic holiday event at Big Cedar Lodge! Join us as we light up our Big Cedar Christmas tree each Saturday from November 11 through December 16 and again on December 24. Santa will make a stop at the event every week and one special child will get to light the Christmas tree with him. Following the lighting, kids will have the chance to sit on Santa’s lap and receive a special gift.
- Cocktails In The Kitchen: Shake up your Tuesday and Thursday afternoons with a one-of-a-kind activity sure to be top shelf. Learn mixology, enjoy delicious pairings, and discover behind-the-scenes insight at the upscale Osage Restaurant’s Chef’s Kitchen. Experience the art of the craft cocktail at Big Cedar Lodge this season! (Seating is limited and reservations are required, Must be 21 years of age or older).
December: Hot Tea Drinks
- Shop With an Elf: We invite kids to step into Santa’s workshop full of gift items to choose from for Mom, Dad, brother, sister, grandparents, or anyone else they wish to surprise on Christmas morning! Together with their elf, kiddos will experience selecting a gift, boxing it in Christmas cheer, enjoying a cup of Santa’s favorite hot chocolate, and a walking s’more! Check in at the Adventure Hut in Family Wonderland on the Swimmin’ Hole Lawn ($40 per gift).
- Baking with Mrs. Claus: Join Mrs. Claus and Santa’s Elves on Saturdays in November & December for a day of baking and decorating Christmas cookies! You will decorate your very own chef’s apron and hat to keep. We will enjoy Christmas songs, stories, and games. All kids receive a cozy critter, water bottle, and their crafts to keep. ($90 per child (Kids-only event), ages 4-12 welcome). Open to the public
- Boho hat and leather burning workshop: Join us on Sunday afternoons from3-4:30pm as guests create their own stylish hat and leather masterpiece! Guests can choose from a variety of items such as key chains, coasters, wallets, and hats to burn their very own designs. Accessories are supplied to help with creating your one-of-a-kind hat. ($70 per person, Ages 16+).
- Special Visits from Holiday friends: Santa, his elves, and Mrs. Claus bring holiday cheer to Big Cedar Lodge with photo opportunities, ornament painting, breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus, cookie baking, and more. Even the Grinch & Cindy Lou Who will be visiting Fun Mountain to spread Christmas cheer and play games! Your reservation includes a professional photo with our special guests. Event prices vary. (Open to the public).
- Holiday crafting: Kids and adults can enjoy guided DIY classes like Kids Craft & Play, Paint & Pour, charcuterie board building with wood burning, holiday centerpiece creation, kids' crafts, and wreath making for your door. (Open to the public).
- Ugly Sweaters and PJ Parties: Join Santa's elves and the Grinch for kid-friendly fun at Big Cedar with the Kids' Club PJ Party and The Grinch's Ugly Sweater Party. Enjoy crafts, snacks, and a cozy atmosphere. $90 per child, ages 4-12 welcome. Compete in Big Cedar's Bakery Wars by showcasing your favorite cookie recipe. Win titles for the best-tasting cookie, best marketing, and best presentation in this family baking competition. (Open to the public).
- 12 Day Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt: Partake in some friendly competition with families and friends to solve riddles around the resort, with clues and photo prompts leading to different holiday light displays. Festive prizes will be awarded to the speediest team. ($17 per person, comfortable footwear strongly encouraged)
- 12 Days of Christmas Chapel Service: The 12 Days of Christmas is the period that in Christian theology marks the span between the birth of Christ and the coming of the Magi, the three wise men. It begins on December 25 (Christmas) and runs through January 5th (the Epiphany, sometimes also called Three Kings’ Day). Join us in celebration nightly at Big Cedar Lodge’s Garden Chapel!